Friday, 12 October 2012
No good ★
by Amenapen - Version 1.1.0 - Sep 14, 2012
This app is not worth .99 cents. I bought a $200 pair of headphones with the amplifier switch and vol control and I spent hours fine tuning and I could hear better without it. Wish I could get a refund.
Thank you for the comment.
I am more than willing to give you a refund.
I must first know what's your hearing profile. If it is possible please download my free app, Hearing Test with Audiogram -
and send me a screenshot of your audiogram.
Generally, I have people with hearing loss to do a beta test before the release. There are still a lot that needs to be improved but I am hoping that this version is already alright.
A feedback from a beta user with moderate sever hearing loss:- that it is better then his old hearing aid but ... unfortunately cannot help him with news. The reason being that news reporter tend to speak too fast. Apart from that he seems happy.
A couple things to take note:
1. Tuning needs to be conducted in a quiet environment.
2. This is a min threshold test, hence adjust the level till you can barely hear the tone.
3. Use in-ear headset.
4. Place the microphone close to the TV or the sound source. For a headset without a microphone the microphone is at the bottom of the iPhone.
5. The objective of the app is to help people with hearing loss to watch TV at a normal level, it is not as good as a hearing aid.
6. If you are using a headset with volume control, please set the volume to maximum during the test and for normal use.
Thank you for your patience.